6.10.16

Long time no...post

Hello there.

As you may notice, I haven’t posted anything on my blog in quite a while, and, honestly, I have no good reason. Since I’ve been at university, my motivation has seems to have plummeted and I haven’t posted on here for around six months now. Considering I do a Journalism degree, you would have thought I would have been motivated to post more often. But it appears to have done the opposite. Don’t get me wrong, I still love writing. I always have done and most likely always will; it’s something that comes quite naturally to me.

Anyway, although I have been a Journalism student for the past two years, I feel like I need something more than just a degree to get me where I want to be in the future. I am currently on a year out from my studies to get some relevant voluntary experience so I don’t JUST have a degree at the end of my studies. Yes, a degree is great, but these days, employers look for experience in whatever field you’re going into. I have already been into my local newspaper as part of my voluntary work, but have found that it wasn’t really for me. Although I love writing, I don’t really like writing the news, and that’s just about all you write about in a NEWSpaper. 90% of the time, I feel like news is either boring or negative, and I need to be writing about something that I would enjoy reading myself.

I thought this year would be a good time to also get back into writing on my blog. Although the newspaper wasn’t for me, I didn’t want to give up on something I love, so what better place to share the stuff I do love, than here. I’m going to be writing about things I care about and basically my everyday happenings. I want to make this blog somewhere that I can document my journey and personal experiences (not to sound cheesy).

The past few times I have tried to get back into writing on here, I have pressured myself a lot to try and write a certain number of posts a week, which is what I think made me less motivated. So from now on I will be writing whenever I want to and not when I feel like I should be.

Thanks for reading!


Paige xo

No comments:

Post a Comment